A number of local parks will be getting some improvements soon.
The county approved funding a portion of the costs toward 12 different parks throughout the county.
Among the projects include new backboards for Butler City basketball courts and lighting for the new pickleball courts at Butler Township Park.
The county awarded a grant of $7,500 for each project.
- Adams Township: Purchase and installation of additional lighting throughout Adams Twp. Park
- Butler Township: Purchase and replacement of picnic tables at Preston Park and Butler Twp. Park. Additional lighting to pickle ball courts and removable pickle ball nets.
- City of Butler: Removal and installation of new basketball backboards and eliminate the old wooden backboards at Ritts Park and Father Marinaro Park.
- Clay Township: Project includes application for a DCNR Grant to complete Phase II of the ADA Playground at Dassa McKinney Elementary School.
- Clinton Township: Eradication of invasive species, Russian Olive. This will be done by a proposed spray to 1,500 feet of Russian Olive in late summer, cut down and cleared, and then resprayed in the spring.
- Connoquenessing Borough: Application for a DCNR grant to complete the purchase and installation of playground equipment at the borough park.
- Cranberry Township: Replacement of surfacing on the tennis courts at Graham Park
- Harmony Borough: Purchase and replacement of limestone for the park trail and replacement of swings at Swamp Poodle Park. The swing replacements include matting for under the swings, infant swing, and shade trees.
- Petrolia Borough: Purchase and installation of treated lumber for edging of newly installed playground, concrete handicap walkway, and newly shingled roof for the park maintenance facility.
- Saxonburg Borough: Purchase and installation of new shingles, soffit, and fascia from the park pavilion and replace the rotten wood to preserve the building.
- Seven Fields Borough: Purchase of a Seven Fields Town Park Swimming Pool feasibility study.
- Slippery Rock Borough: Purchase and replacement of electrical infrastructure at Memorial Park in Slippery Rock