A trailer is likely a total loss following a fire Tuesday night in Jefferson Township.
The fire call came about 9:30 p.m. for a blaze on West Red Oak Court- that’s the trailer court across from Knoch High School.
Firefighters say there was heavy smoke coming from the structure when they arrived. Portions of the living room and kitchen were heavily damaged, and three dogs were lost in the blaze. Officials estimate the total loss of the trailer to be roughly $40,000.
The homeowners were identified by officials as Michael and Cindy Martin.
The cause of the fire is thought to be electrical, possibly stemming from the microwave, according to Saxonburg Fire Chief Chris Ballina.
No one was home at the time of the fire and no one was hurt.