The average amount of money paid to classroom teachers at school districts around the region was revealed as part of a recent report.
The Pittsburgh Business Times used data from PA Department of Education payroll figures to come up with the rankings of 151 school districts and charter schools in the southwestern part of the state.
Seneca Valley’s 495 teachers made an average of just over $77,473 last year which was good enough for a ranking of 19th in Western Pennsylvania. This is an increase of about $6,000 from figures released three years ago.
- Freeport Area School District is ranked number 64 and pays 129 teachers an average yearly salary of $67, 361.
- Coming in at number 69, Mars Area School District pays their 196 teachers an average of $66, 477 yearly.
- Slippery Rock Area School District is 73rd in the rankings by paying its 139 teachers an average of $65, 715.
- Butler Area School District pays 410 teachers an average of $65, 136 yearly which comes in at 78th in the region.
- Karns City is ranked 81st by paying 102 teachers an average of $64, 698. Moniteau School District pays its 86 teachers an average of $60, 824 which is good for 102nd.
- South Butler County School District teachers came in at 121 with 149 teachers receiving an average of $55,538 per year.
Montour in Allegheny County was the top-ranked school in Western PA, paying their teachers an average salary of nearly $94,000 per year. This represents an increase of about $8,000 compared to 2016 when Fox Chapel had the highest average teacher salary at $86,000.